Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day Two! (Segundo Dia) Junio 30, 2009 (Parte 1)


Hola!

Today was my first day of my experience/internship at Peru.com.
As I walked to the offices of the successful website, I had no idea what to expect.
I had never been to any kind of professional workplace like this!

After I arrived I was greeted by co-founder Juan Francisco Rosas and his sister Monica Rosas, who works in the travel agency of the website. I also met Elizabeth Olcese, who has been nice enough to set up a schedule for me in my time here.

I spent the day in travel agency, learning how Peru.com's travel agents handle requests from customers and which deals to offer on the site that they receive from airlines.
Mayra Vega and Monica showed me the different aspects of the travel section, including a live chat where customers can ask direct questions about trips to the travel agents. 

Shortly after I was given a tour of the three-story offices by Juan Francisco, who also gave me a short history of the company, which was started by just three ambitious friends! I had learned so much about the website and peru in just a few short hours. 
In the afternoon, there was a birthday party for all the employees that had a birthday in June
Everybody sang to them and it was a very warm atmosphere. I tried Inca Kola (Peruvian Soda) and empanadas (meat-filled pastries) for the first time, everything was delicious. Juan Francisco also introduced me to everyone and this as an opportunity for me to practice my Spanish and for them to practice their English! haha  


No comments:

Post a Comment