Saturday, July 18, 2009

One Final Chau!










I can't believe my time in Peru is over!
It has been such an eye-opening experience. I now have first-hand experience in sports press conferences, interviews, delivery service, teaching English and much much more! 
I will definitely miss the South American Country and all the people that I have met along my journey. 
Gone are the walks home through Calle de Pizza (a center of nightlife in Miraflores), with it's flashing lights and constant energy of a Salsa/Latino/Disco mix blasting out of the discotheque's speakers. 
No more are the juggling, singing and back-flipping street performers at red-light intervals who work so hard to make a few coins. 
I will really miss everywhere I was fortunate enough to venture to in Peru, from the monumental peaks of Machu Picchu to the laid back beaches of San Bartolo. These two places are perfect examples of Peru's diversity in landscape and climate. 
And no matter where you are in the diversity, whether it be the 12,500 ft. village of Chinchero or the balmy Miraflores you are bound to find someone with a smile on their face, willing to help a lost foreigner. (Trust me I now from experience!)   
Since the moment I arrived to Peru I have been in awe of it's rich history, diversity and friendly people and really hope to come back soon and see side of this country in which I haven't even scratched the surface.
Muchas Gracias to everyone at Peru.com (Though hopefully I had the chance to thank you in person if you were not to busy)
I genuinely learned so much and the memories and friendships that I forged here will remain with me forever
Paz y Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment