Monday, July 13, 2009

Julio 9, 2009

                                                                         Daniel Nestor
       Peruvian Team
Schedule of the Matches


Another press conference today, but with a new twist!
I was greeted by another surprise after I arrived at the office this morning; with Kike telling me that I would be going to a Press Conference that would mark the beginning of the Davis Cup matches between Peru and Canada. (The Davis Cup is the premier international team tennis tournament)
I was thrilled to hear that both the Peruvian and Canadian Teams would be at the conference. 
And a little shocked after hearing that I would have the chance to ask questions to the Canadian Team! With the conference being only two hours away, I was a little thrown off guard and tried to come up with questions to ask the players.
It was clear that my target on the team for a question was two-time Wimbeldon Champion and former world#1 doubles player, Daniel Nestor.
The conference was held at the Lima Lawn Tennis Club, and was in an exclusive  VIP tent.
I went with the journalist Aldo, who was going to film the event and try to get post-conference interviews with the players and coaches. Luckily, we got front row seats.
The conference began with the heads giving an intro, and welcoming everyone to the tournament.
Then came time for the Canadian Team to field questions from the press.
I was able to fit in one question to the entire team, and then one to Dan!
I asked two of the five questions given to the press and was the only person to ask a question in English.
After the conference, we managed to get an interview with the Peruvian Coach, and I resumed my job as photographer. I was surprised the players/coaches were so relaxed, but I guess for them this is just another press conference.
As we drove back to the office, I was a little overwhelmed (in a good way!) by all that I had learned and experienced over the just the last couple days!
I can't believe I forgot to mention that Kike has made a press pass for me so I can get into all these exclusive events. It was so generous of him to take the time to make it and I am so grateful to everyone who has helped me thus-far. 
Today was a dream come true!
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
(The video of my questions made it onto Peru.com and the link is on the right.)
Chau!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment