Saturday, July 18, 2009

Julio 14, 2009 San Bartolo Parte Dos





I arrived nice and early again today, ready to spend about half of the day with the crew.
We began our day by visiting a pre-school and talking with it's founder about a new school that he is starting in San Bartolo.
He will be starting new school that emphasizes and teaches it's students that they can be leaders in their community and take action instead of waiting for someone else to help them, as older generations believed. 
He is confident that his school will thrive and I was inspired by his initiative to encourage these young generations to make change happen instead of waiting for it. 
We then taught at the elementary school next door and were once again amazed by how quick the students absorbed what we taught them. 
At about lunchtime, it was time for me to go back to Lima and the Peru.com office one last time. 
I said goodbye to the Peru crew and thanked them for putting up with a seventh member for a while.
They were all so nice and willing to give me a taste of what their typical day was like, so thank you very much t0 the crew!
I wish them the best of luck in reaching their goals of leadership and change. I'm sure they will and already have made San Bartolo a better place. 
Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment